Gluten Free Pasta with Sauteed Vegetables
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
For this simple and healthy dish we’re sautéing flavorful eggplant and summer squash (feel free to substitute your favorite vegetables), adding a dash of lemon juice, then combining it with spices and our gluten-free organic quinoa spaghetti for a warm pasta dish that’s bursting with delicious flavor and freshness!
MAKES 8 SERVINGS.
4 cups water
3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
2 cups Quinoa Spaghetti Pasta, Organic
1 medium eggplant, cubed
2 summer squash, cubed
¼ cup Sunflower Seeds, Roasted & Salted
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. In a large pot, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
2. Season water with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Add gluten-free spaghetti and cook for 10 minutes.
4. While spaghetti is cooking, place remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
5. After 2 minutes, add eggplant, summer squash, sunflower seeds, garlic, oregano, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
6. Sauté for 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
7. Drain spaghetti and add to the pan.
8. Add lemon juice and sauté an additional 2 minutes.
9. Serve warm, and enjoy!