This luscious dessert is delicious served warm or chilled. It can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator covered for up to three days.
1½ cups unsweetened coconut milk (not lite)
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
1 tablespoon arrowroot
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together arrowroot, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Slowly blend dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture, stirring until well combined.
4. Pour batter into lightly oiled ramekins, about ¾ cup for each ramekin. Place ramekins into a 9x13-inch baking dish and add enough warm water until it reaches halfway up the outsides of the ramekins.
5. Carefully place baking dish in preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes. When done, custard should be firm with lightly browned tops. Cool on wire rack.
Each serving contains 231 calories, 14g total fat, 11g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 79mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g protein.